Bi-smi llāhi r-raḥmāni r-raḥīm
(In the name of ALLAH the most merciful and most gracious).
Alhamdullilah with the mercy and permission of Allah, Shah Jalal Masjid in Poplar is set to reopen on the 4th of July. However, there will be social distancing guidelines set up for musalees so please ensure you have watched/read and understand the guidelines.
- The masjid will open 15min before Salaah and closed 10 min after Salaah.
- Firstly, you must wear a face mask when entering the masjid and ensure you keep it throughout.
- Please bring your own prayer mat and a bag for your shoe’s as the shoe rack in the masjid will not be available. Before entering the masjid please use the automatic hand sanitiser placed in front of the entrance.
- There are yellow tape markings on the floor which indicates where each person can stand, there are a few rules and regulations in place that we all must follow. Firstly, the masjid will open 10 minutes before jama’ah time and Sunnah and nafl prayer are to be completed at home.
- There will be no wudu facilities or toilet facilities in the masjid. The masjid will have no chairs available to encourage people who have disabilities to pray at home, no one over the age of 70 years old is allowed in the masjid.
- Children under 12 are to be kept at home for Salaah.
Please expect to be checked for temperature as well when entering and do not be offended by refusal of entry due to high temperature.
If you have flu-like symptoms or have any underlying health problem, then please do stay at home. When in the masjid please maintain social distancing at all time for example avoid hugging and shaking hands, when entering the masjid please ensure you make a queue.
We pray to Allah subḥānahu wataʿālā to grant us patience in these difficult times.
Jazak Allah khair
Poplar Shah Jalal Masjid